Friday 21 February 2014

In a New Role

Shilpa Shirodkar shares her experience of producing Sau Shashi Deodhar

By Nachiket Joshi

Shilpa Shirodkar
Shilpa Shirodkar, a popular actress in 90s, has now re-entered the film industry in a completely different role. Before marrying to banker Aparesh Ranjeet in 2000, Shilpa tasted the success in Bollywood movies like Kishen Kanhaiyya, Gopi Kishen, Bewafa Sanam, Aankhen and many others. She is currently the lead actor of the popular daily soap Ek mutthi Aasman as Kamla Bai on Zee Tv. She has now come forward with her production house titled Orange Tree production and her first production is a Marathi thriller named Sau Shashi Deodhar releasing on February 21. Shirodkar gets candid with m4m about her production house, her new projects and her future plans.

Since 2000, you were not connected to film industry, have you experienced any changes in the industry after 13 years?

Indian film industry is dynamic. It keeps changing with time and I must say 13 years is long period. There have been immense changes as now the young and new filmmakers try to portray the film on broader canvas. Even the economics of the film is improved. So, I am really happy as I reconnected with the industry.

Tell us about Sau Shashi Deodhar, your first production, how did you choose this project?

When I was looking for scripts, I happen to meet Amol Shetge (director of Sau Shashi Deodhar), who then forwarded this exceptional script. On paper, script looks difficult but Amol created lively characters on the screen. It will be a whole new experience for audience to watch Sau Shashi Deodhar on screen. I must say that the journey of making Sau Shashi Deodhar is fantastic.

Your first film as a producer is woman centric; do you believe that as woman you would like produce more such films?


I haven’t really thought about future projects. But I wish to versatile film under my banner rather than focusing one kind of genre. I will prefer content over the subject in the script selection. My next project has different story than Sau Shashi Deodhar.

After acting and production what is the future plan? Can we see Shilpa Shirodkar as a director?

For me, direction is most difficult part in film making, that’s not my forte. I am determined to focus on my acting career and production house. I assure you that you will see me in many future projects as a producer and an actor.  


 Sau Shashi Deodhar will release on February 21 across Maharashtra

0 comments:

Post a Comment