Monday 14 April 2014

Butterfly Man - Siddharth

Siddharth Jadhav shares with m4m regarding his new avatar of Himmatraon aka ‘Butterfly Man’ in an upcoming movie Time Please…

Praveen Lulekar

With more than 5 lakh hits on Youtube, Siddarth Jadhav’s Butterfly Man is the talk of the town. As energetic as the song, Jadhav’s Himmatrao in Time Please…Love story Lagnanantarchi promises to be an author backed character. He is an Oxford University topper who speaks in a crude language. Jadhav speaks to m4m about the character, the song and the Marathi Film Industry.

What interested you in the character of Himmatrao?
It is a very interesting character. There are people around us that are highly educated but are still connected to their roots. There is a Himmatrao in every family, in every college group. Inspite of a lot of sufferings in his life, his outlook is very positive. He can see beyond his pain, which makes him mature at a very young age.
As an actor, I was excited to play a character of my age, my generation. Time Please… is not a typical love story. It talks about a generation that gets married and divorced in a hurry. Himmatrao is important because he gives a twist to the tale. I have done a lot of roles that are larger than life; it felt great to play a character that emerges from all of us.

What were the preparations that you did for the role?
I went with a blank slate. Samya (Sameer Vidwans, the director) and Patya (Kshitij Patwardhan, the writer) told me that they will tell me whatever is required. The only thing I did was that I was alert all the time. I didn’t want the character to become Siddharth Jadhav, but Siddharth Jadhav to become the character.

Your song Butterfly Man has crossed Five Lakh hits on Youtube. How was the experience while shooting the song?
I think the song highlights the uniqueness of the character. I feel proud that the song has crossed Five Lakh hits within a week. The moment I heard the recorded song, I thought it would be fun. The choreographer Rrajesh Bidwe has done an amazing job.

Marathi films are now doing a lot outside the typical comedies. What role do you wish to play in this?
I don’t think Marathi films are just about comedies. Let’s say 60 percent are comedies, but Marathi films handle a lot of different topics. If you see BP (Balak Palak), it also has humour but with a very different treatment. As an actor, I am happy that I get to work in a variety of projects.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment